Monday, April 20, 2015

Kanarra Falls 19 APR 2015

Today I went with some tight compadres up the Kanarra Falls, located in Kanarraville, Utah. We got up to about 37.537463, -113.148980
The views were beyond spectacular. On the way up, we noticed the instability of the second "ladder" which is a bit of an exaggeration. It is, in fact, a few logs nailed together loosely, combined with a few ropes with knots in them. My crappy shoes were no match for the slippery timber, but I used my weight to force friction on the way down. The last rung of the "ladder" was broken, so I had to leap a few feet down. A sturdy metal ladder, like at the first falls, would have been supremely welcome. I made it home exhausted, bedraggled, and completely awed. I hadn't made it that far previously. I'm quite proud of how far we made it. We must have only made it about three miles in, but with the extremely varied terrain, it was quite challenging all around. We arrived at the bade around 1:20, and exited close to 5:30, so it was a good tiny excursion. Hunger finally got the best of us, so we chose to turn around.







The entrance to the narrow cliffs is quite breathtaking.



And this compadre opted to use the ropes instead of the ladder provided. I admire his endless courage.

The canyon walls make way for little open areas to enjoy.

Numerous culverts of vegetation abound.


Fallen trees make for excellent landmarks.





These absurd little rocks house a strange short waterfall. The spume does not interact with light accurately, so it looks completely unnatural. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment