Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hike 06 May 2015: finding HAPPINESS

Today I went up the tame, concrete Canyon Trail, which abuts Highway 14, just across a sturdy footbridge. Traversing it, you cross a dam, which after yesterday's downpour was flowing with brown water. While most frequenters of the trail end and start with the comfortable pavement along the length, I trekked up. I went up the dry stream bed, scurried between and along fallen stones, and found some real treasures between common sandstone, cheap gray slate and nodular calcifications that strewed the alluvium. About a quarter of a mile in the landscape became sufficiently intriguing, and boulders had to be used for leverage to ascend to higher boulders. As the land leveled out and meadows manifested, I found that a skewed canyon inversely snaked towards the mountain. The sun was setting, and I lost courage before finishing properly. I will return. But on one of the stones, a set of glyphs was inscribed, spelling out "HAPPINESS". It looks like I found it.














No comments:

Post a Comment